About The Construction Innovation and Technology Fund (CITF)
The Construction Innovation and Technology Fund (CITF), with an approved allocation of HK$1 billion, was established by the Development Bureau of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (DEVB) in October 2018. The Construction Industry Council (CIC) is commissioned by DEVB to be the implementation partner.
The CITF is established to encourage wider adoption of innovative construction methods and new technologies in the construction industry with a view to promoting productivity, uplifting built quality, improving site safety, and enhancing environmental performance. The CITF is dedicated to:
1) Encourage wider adoption of innovative construction methods and technology in the construction industry (in short, technology adoption), and
2) Build up the capacity of industry practitioners (ranging from skilled workers to professionals ) and tertiary students of construction-related disciplines to build an innovative culture and foster the mindset to espouse new technology for the continuous improvement of the industry (in short, manpower development).
Certificate of CITF
FIBRPRO® SYNTHETEC® Stone gratings and tree pits are certified to be included in the pre-approved list of the CITF
FIBRPRO® Certified Products
In July 2020, FIBRPRO® SYNTHETEC® Stone Grating and Tree Pit Cover, as innovation technology/products, are certified to be included in the Pre-approved list of the Construction Innovation and Technology Fund (CITF) in considering the outstanding performance in accordance with the following factors:
Improving Site Safety
- • Enhance workplace safety and health for workers
- • Reduce safety risks to workers in construction operations through design management or provision of safety equipment.
Enhance Environmental Performance
- • Reduce material wastage and/or pollutants during construction
- • Abate environmental nuisance to surroundings during construction
- • Achieve project time savings
- • Enhance cost-effectiveness
- • Promote labor productivity
- • Enhance buildability and minimize unworkable designs
Uplift Built Quality
- • Reduce unnecessary rework and defects
- • Improve design and construction quality by minimizing on-site change
Learn More about The CITF:
FIBRPRO® New Materials Technology (Shenzhen) Ltd.
Precast | China Office | Official Website
FIBRPRO® International Ltd.
Contractor | Official Website